Monday, January 18, 2010

Vacation Day

    We were out of school today in honor of MLK day.  We had a nice morning to sleep in and a late breakfast.  When we got up, we decided to go get the boys much-needed haircuts.  Ryan had such a great time hiding a rubber snake underneath his ball cap to surprise the barber.  I'm so happy the barber had a great sense of humor!
    We ran a few places so that Hunter could pick out a birthday gift for his girlfriend.  I know...girlfriend, already?  Luckily, he has a wonderful girl that he likes, and I couldn't have chosen better for him myself.  The sight of all my boys in Claire's was pretty comical though.  The associate was asking questions like, "Does she have her ears pierced?" Hunter- "I don't know."  "Does she like peace signs?"  Hunter- "I don't know."  I finally said, "Hunter, do you pay any attention to her at all?"  He smiled and said, "Not to that kind of stuff...I just know that she's really nice."  I smiled and was thinking to myself that I hope he always thinks that way.


Aren't they so cute?

Later in the day, Kevin, Hunter, and Andy left to go watch the Memphis Grizzlies/Suns basketball game. Andy was really excited about getting to stand in the fan tunnel.  Ryan and I were pretty bored, so he decided that he wanted to bake a cake- all by himself.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so see what you think.





Playing with the army men while waiting on the cake to bake.



Unpacking my kitchen cabinets...as usual




He wanted lots of sprinkles!




He enjoyed testing out the final result, and I thought he did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment