Friday, June 25, 2010

Ryan's Garden

It is time for me to catch up on my blogging.  I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do much of anything.  We have been working at the ballpark almost every night, and while it has been fun, I'm ready for a break.  A good friend recently told me that I may want to slow down, and yes, I am taking her advice and enjoying the rest of my summer.  First on the list for the summer was a tiny little garden.  Ryan wanted to test his green thumb this year, so we went to my favorite summer hangout...Lowes. 

He chose some peppers, green beans, sunflowers, watermelon, and tomatoes.  We had a great afternoon learning all about plants and how they grow.  There is just something relaxing about digging in the dirt.  Patience is not a character trait that comes easy when you're 5, so he was ready to see the "plants" about 30 minutes after we planted them.  He has been watering and checking them daily.  They outgrew the little pots, and we had to transplant them into the garden. 
Hopefully before the end of the summer we will have pictures of vegetables to post.




No comments:

Post a Comment