Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The parents come to town

We received a nice little surprise visit from my parents (who live in North Carolina) last week.  They came to Birmingham to visit my little brother Wayne before he deploys to Iraq.  Since they were so close, they stopped by to stay with us (we really know they came to see the grandkids) for a few days. Although we didn't have much time together, we have learned to cherish the few moments that we do get.  It's always so much fun to get to spend time together.  I didn't take too many pictures, but I wanted to share the ones I did get.

This is dad "cherishing" the family time.  Haha!  He spent A LOT of time researching hotel rates for an upcoming conference.  Always the frugal one! 

This is mom cleaning up the dishes, as she always does when she visits.  This is Jonathan (Brenda's oldest son) with her.

This is Ryan at his favorite place...the center of attention.

I hope that one day we will all live closer together.  Until then, we will continue to squeeze in visits whenever possible. We enjoyed having you, Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment