Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunday at Shiloh

Sunday afternoon, we decided to take an unplanned picnic to Shiloh Park.  Those of you who know me well, know that I just LOVE spontaneous activities! (NOT)  Luckily, God blessed me with a husband who does not plan for anything...and he often encourages me to forget my plans and have a little fun.  With the mid 60's temperature, we just had to get outside.  We had a nice home-cooked meal of Kentucky Fried chicken.  We attempted to fly a kite from Dollar Tree.  (note to self- not the best quality kite available).  We also played a game or two of football. Kevin and I beat the children by 1, and my legs are very sore today.

The weather was beautiful!
Well, we tried to fly the kite...



Ryan was pretty excited about the Junior Ranger badge that the park ranger gave him.  (Hunter and Andy- not so much)



They stopped to chase a couple of wild turkeys...yes, I'm very serious.


Andy trying to figure out if the canon can still fire.  Ryan should watch out!


Reading about the "Bloody Pond"


Ryan pretending to be a monument


No comments:

Post a Comment